Gwen's Den

Friday, September 15, 2006

Remembering









This is Brian (my hubby) & myself on our wedding day 21st December 1957.
Below is one of the many cards I have recieved from Brian over the years, and he always manages to find the card that expresses his feelings for me.








"REMEMBERING"
I may not think to bring you flowers
and in many ways I fail,
It's not because I love you less~
I'm just a typical male.
I may not think to take you out
to dine by candlelight,
But I always treat you with respect
and am, usually,polite.
Judge not my love by failings
rather by things I do
For I know that I could never find
another sweet as you.
No gift could ever truly express
the deep love I have
in my heart for you.


***************

9 Comments:

  • Hey Mate
    I recognise this good looking couple. How sweet a romantic at heart.
    Take care See u soon. Jan

    By Blogger Jeanette, at September 15, 2006 11:02 pm  

  • Gwen said.
    Thanks Mate you always seem to be
    there,yes I was just reminising .
    And came up with some nice memories this being oneof them.
    lol

    By Blogger Gwen, at September 16, 2006 12:10 am  

  • Hi Gwen,

    Aw, that is so nice.

    I wish I could just get a card from my husband. I usually get oh, about ever five years or so, but at least he'll take me out ever now or then.

    Janice~

    By Blogger Janice Seagraves, at September 17, 2006 9:34 am  

  • Colour yourself "Lucky" Gwen.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 17, 2006 1:28 pm  

  • Hi Gwen -- you guys have been married a loooong time!
    You have a nice blog. I just checked you out this Friday.
    Thanks for linking to my blog, I appreciate your reading it.
    ..
    I don't have the foggiest idea what a "pommie" is.
    ..
    I'm begging to figure out 'bowling.'
    ..

    By Blogger Jim, at September 18, 2006 11:59 am  

  • Thanks Peter & Jim for your comments on my blog,It just feels like yesterday.

    By Blogger Gwen, at September 18, 2006 3:46 pm  

  • Hi Gwen,

    OMG, I just noticed your wedding date? 21st December 1957, and my wedding date is the 21st of December too but 1979.

    Interesting?

    Janice~

    By Blogger Janice Seagraves, at September 18, 2006 4:01 pm  

  • Hi Gwen,

    Sorry to be the one to tell you this but you only get 10 years murder...lol

    wow 50 years together next year. hmm thats would be a silver anniversary.

    By Blogger Jo, at September 18, 2006 6:05 pm  

  • What happened to this blog..not updated since 2008..the best jokes i ever read n ages.. Wonder what happened to the author. I hope he/she is fine. Bless

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 07, 2012 7:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home